Breakthrough at Caron
Breakthrough at Caron is a groundbreaking residential, 5½-day program specifically designed for adults impacted by family or relationship dysfunction in childhood or adult life.
Breakthrough at Caron uses group therapy to enhance, and often accelerate, clients' progress in therapy. Experiential (action) methods and techniques such as psychodrama, sociometry, grief exercises, visualization, art and music are important program components. This unique approach, which is rarely available in outpatient counseling, works best in a small, private, residential environment.
Breakthrough at Caron is held in a beautifully restored mansion on the Caron Pennsylvania campus located near Reading, PA, in Wernersville.
Breakthrough at Caron may be right for individuals who:
- Feel "stuck" in negative patterns and unable to move forward
- Have difficulty overcoming pain and loss from the past and its negative impact on present-day living
- Continue to struggle with compulsive behaviors such as overeating, caretaking, spending or over-working
- Are sometimes preoccupied with worry and can't let go of friends' and loved ones' problems
- Have trouble forming or maintaining healthy relationships despite strong motivation to change
- Often feel badly about themselves or upset with how others may see them
- Are stuck in a cycle of love addiction
Although a referral from a therapist is not required, this program is intended as an addition to private therapy or outpatient counseling. Breakthrough at Caron is also intended as a safe place where individuals may accelerate their personal growth by examining and modifying long-standing patterns that interfere with their quality of life. At the conclusion of the program, Breakthrough at Caron staff provides each person with direction for follow-up care and a referral to a therapist for individuals who do not yet have one.